At the risk of sounding boring, I just thought I'd share a little life hack with you, as I was really impressed with the results! I finally found a natural solution to cleaning my oven! Yippee! I turned to my trusted friends...bicarbonate of soda and white vinegar. I must admit, I was unsure how well this would work, but the results were amazing!!
Here's what I did:
1. Remove all racks and trays (I cleaned these using the same method as below, but separately).
2. Make the bicarbonate of soda paste by mixing together in a bowl 1/2 cup of bicarbonate of soda with a few tablespoons of water, I used roughly 3. Mix until you get a thick paste.
3. Coat your oven with the paste, avoiding heating elements. Note that the paste does not coat evenly and will be thicker in some places. It may also turn brown in colour as your coat over the grim-Lovely!
4. Leave it for roughly 10-12 hours to work it's magic!
5. After 10-12 hours wipe the oven clean using a damp cloth.
6. To remove any residue of the paste, put some white vinegar into a spray bottle, spritz the oven with the vinegar and wipe clean.
Voila!! You will have a clean oven!
Give it a try for yourself and let us know your thoughts.